18 February 2019
At the recent International Society for Research on Internet Interventions (ISRII) in Auckland, one of our chatbot developers, Dr Jamal Zolhavarieh presented our project EngageBot.
Our goal is to create a chatbot that stands out from others in the market. These features include:
- A validation mechanism to ensure we are providing qualified and relevant answers. Clinicians provide support at the back end of the app.
- A notification system that allows for clinicians to answer questions that do not exist in our central repository.
- Using NLP to auto-complete potential questions and answers as patients and clinicians type to make it easier for users to share their thoughts.
- Using technologies such as rule-based decision trees, recent Google API BERT, machine learning to empower human-machine conversation.
- Using separate dialogue forums for patients and families and clinicans to allow for specific conversations to take place.
We have more updates coming in the near future and we can't wait to share them.